Nichigetsu-Monaka Sohonpo Kawamuraya
This confectionery has been producing its Nichigetsu-Monaka sweets since its establishment in 1916. Otebo beans from Hokkaido are cooked low and slow with high-quality sugar to make glossy white bean paste, and filled in a crisp wafer made from sticky rice.
The unique wafer will never break into pieces when you hold it or bite it.
The confectionery continuously strives to break the mold and set new standards for monaka.
The word “Nichigetsu” printed on the surface of the wafers comes from the flag of Asuke Shigenori, who participated in an anti-shogunate movement lead by Emperor Go-Daigo during the Genko Rebellion in 1331, and also fought as a commander in the Battle of Kasagiyama.
The monaka has been a well-loved local specialty of Asuke for over a hundred years.
22 Tamachi, Asuke-cho, Toyota City
|Fee||• Nichigetsu-Monaka: 108 JPY
• Geppei-Monaka: 155 JPY
• Dango with black sesame and roasted soybean flour: 200 JPY
• Nichigetsu-Monaka with freshly made Dainagon bean paste: 140 JPY
|Opening days / hours||8:30-19:00
* If using the Asuke Chuo Parking Lot, be granted a voucher for free parking (void during November and February).
|Volume purchases||Nichigetsu-Monaka also available in packs of pairs, 5 units, 10 units, 15 units, 20 units, and other quantities up to 60 units (reservations required).|
|Retailers||• Kitamachi Kawamuraya (3-66 Kitamachi, Toyotas City)
• Matsuzakaya Toyota Store 1F (6-85-1 Nishimachi, Toyota City)
• Okazaki Civico B1F inside Supika (2-20-2 Koseidori-nishi, Okazaki City)
• Honokuni Mall B1F "Ai-Ka-Sen Corner" 2-10 Ekimaeodori, Toyota City)
• Pipitto! Aichi (Aichi Goods Antenna Shop) (Oasis 21, 1-11-1 Higashi-Sakura, Higashi-Ward, Nagoya City)
|LINK||Nichigetsu-Monaka Sohonpo Kawamuraya page at the WE LOVE TOYOTA Marché Website (Japanese)|
Asuke, Toyota City is known for Korankei Gorge, a spot famous for its autumn foliage. Thi…
Kura-no-Naka Gallery Man…
Along the Old Road of Asuke, a once busy Shio-no-Michi route - as vital backbone trading …
Customers love our “Tankororin”! These sweets are shaped like the tankororin lanterns tha…
Founded 52 years ago, this restaurant deep inside Korankei Gorge serves traditional Japan…
FUKU JU EN
FUKU JU EN is a Japanese sweets store established in 1970. The store sells seasonal confe…
Yoshiwara-cho, Toyota City, Aichi Prefecture has been a tea-producing region since the Ed…
Cake House Ange
Shortcake, birthday cake, baked treats of all kinds, new creations of the season... A w…