Experience the Rich Colors of Japanese Autumn! Highlight, Featuring Toyota's Autumn Leaves
- Korankei is famous as a location for fall foliage. The best time to see the foliage is from mid-November through late November, and there are many signature sights to see, such as a tunnel of foliage spanning from the promenade to Kojaku-ji Temple, as well as a display of illumination from the Tomoebashi Bridge. In spring, there is a lovely carpet of dogtooth violet that covers the grounds. You can also see beautiful scenery when the new greenery sprouts.
Shikizakura Four-Season Cherry Blossoms of Obara Fureai Park
- The Obara Fureai Park acts as a place of recreation and respite for local residents. The rich natural environs are home to paths to walk on, letting you enjoy a stroll and see the changing view of the four seasons. Furthermore, Obara Fureai Park and the adjoining Obara Branch of Toyota City Hall are where you will find 300 cherry blossom trees. They bloom in spring from mid-March through early April and in autumn from late October through late November. The blossoms open up in greater bloom in fall than in spring, letting you see both the vivid foliage against the charming cherry blossoms. November 1-30 is the best time to see the blossoms each year, and the Obara Fureai Park and other sites host as Shikizakura Festival for the flowers.
- Enjoy the beauty of nature in this 1.8 kilometer long gorge carved by a river that drops 148 meters along the span. In the summer, it's a perfect place for barbeques. In the gorge, there are five park areas and plum gardens, two suspension bridges, and the 90 meter long Lake Otaki Bridge over Lake Otaki. The well-maintained walking paths along huge and unique boulders, the pristine river, and trees offer great hiking.
Sasado Autumn Festival
- 11/18/2017, 11/19/2017
- This festival is for enjoying the red maple leaves at Sasado Park while eating natural yam, a specialty of Asahi. You can also take a hands-on lesson to make a bowl of grated yam and rice or you can harvest yams in the field. Stage entertainment includes taiko drummers, pole martial arts, and acoustic music performances.
- Early Jan., Mid-Nov., Late Nov., Late Dec.
- The Sanage Festival is famous for dedications of bonote implements, a martial art designated as an intangible folk cultural property by the prefecture. The festival is centered around Sanage Shrine. The guardian deity of Sanage Shrine is Ousu no Mikoto. Ousu no Mikoto was a member of the royalty in the Kofun period and is the elder twin brother of Ousu no Mikoto, who bears the same name. Ousu no Mikoto strived to open up and expand this region, but he is believed to have been bitten by a poisonous snake on Mt. Sanage and perished. Sanage Shrine also has a longstanding tradition of dedicating left-handed sickles. This goes back to the story of Ousu no Mikoto, the patron deity, being left-handed and using his sickle to clear the area and make it hospitable.
Lake Mikawa (Mikawa-ko)
- Many people come to see the lake’s seasonal beauty. You can drive around the lake’s 16-km perimeter or enjoy cycling or hiking. There are rest stations, walking paths, bungalows, and camping grounds. You can also rent a boat for a leisurely ride or lure fishing.
Aichi Greenery Center (Aichiken Ryoka Center)
- A facility filled with a variety of gardens such as Japanese gardens and rock gardens where visitors can enjoy flowers and nature year-round. Autumn is particularly beautiful for the red and gold hues everywhere across the premises.
Search Special Features
Ranking of Popular Special Features
- Experience the Rich Colors of Japanese Autumn! Highlight, Featuri…
- Cherry blossoms
- In the spring, a variety of flowers including plum, peach, and ch…
- Autumn Leaves
- With its brilliant fall foliage and abundant nature, Toyota-City …
* Rankings rated weekly by accumulated views.
Season's Recommendations Special Feature
- Enjoy the flavors of the many agricultural products and river fis…
- The onsen experience is like a concentrated form of Japanese cult…
Recommended Courses of the Season
- Art and Technique of the Toyota Countryside - A Journey Getting i…
- After experiencing art at the Toyota Municipal Museum of Art, whe…
- A Photogenic Trip: Touring the Nostalgic Sceneries of Japan
- The natural environment of Kōrankei is full of signs of the four …
- A Trip to Reach The Great Nature - Retracing the Roots of Hero To…
- Matsudaira Toshogu Shrine is a shrine that deifies Tokugawa Ieyas…