Oiden Yana Fishing Weir
Oiden Yana Fishing Weir is a giant fish trap on the river where you can catch fish with your bare hands and have fun in the outdoors.
Built over the fresh, clear water of the upstream Yahagi River, this is an ideal spot for catching sweetfish and playing in the river. Access to the weir is free, and it’s usually bustling with families with small children.
There are tents nearby where you can eat your fill of sweetfish—grilled, cooked with rice, made into gohei-mochi rice cakes, and in other delicious ways.
• Recommendation Menu!
Grilled sweetfish (Morning catch)
Gohei-mochi with special walnut sauce
The best in Japan!
Second location now open!
On August 1, we opened a second location among the food stalls at Roadside Station Donguri no Sato Inabu. (Closed on Thursdays)
- Handmade gohei-mochi made with local rice (Walnut sauce)
- Grilled sweetfish (Available on weekdays starting in October)
- Whole sweetfish cooked with rice
|Fee||• Sweetfish catching (3 fish at a time; grilling service included): \1,000
Fureai Hiroba (Playing with fish): \500 for elementary school age and under (Free for accompanying adults)
• Barbecue with equipment rental: \2,500 per person (Reservations required)
• Grilled sweetfish and gohei-mochi (Special walnut sauce or miso sauce): \500 each
• Drinks available. Life jackets available for rent, free of charge.
- Available (For up to 20 people)
- Whole sweetfish cooked with rice: \600
- Grilled eel with rice: \700
- Not available
|Notes||Be careful not to injure yourself on the premises.
The facility is covered by an accident insurance.
|Access by Public Transportation||Please come by car.
Guest pick-up within Toyota City limits (only for groups, max. 25 guests).
|Access by car||Approx. 60min from Toyota-Kanpachi I.C. of the Tokai-Kanjo Expressway via Route 153.
Blueberry no Komichi
Irori no Yado Kikkoen
This restaurant is run directly by a farm that raises Kogen Cochin chickens, a purebred l…
Roadside Station "Michi-…
Roadside Station Donguri-no-Sato Inabu is a "Michi-no-Eki" (lit. "Road Station") located …
Country Restaurant Keiry…
Serving local food since 1974, our specialty is seasonal dishes and wild game. We have …