Korankei Maple Festival (Korankei Momiji Matsuri)
Korankei is known nationwide as a place to go and see autumn leaves. A "momiji matsuri", or "autumn leaves viewing festival", is held every year in November, which is the best time to see colored leaves on maple trees that are said to number around 4,000.
A variety of events, such as tea parties, festival music, Japanese drumming and other performances, are held during this period, particularly on Saturdays and Sundays. Also, there are illuminations every day from sunset until 9 p.m., so visitors can enjoy beautiful, fantastic scenery which is truly breathtaking.
*: Additional information for the 2018 Autumn Season will be added as soon as it becomes available, please make sure to check back at a later date.
Korankei: Iimori, Asuke-cho, Toyota-City, Aichi
*: Sanshu Asuke Yashiki Museum requires admission fee.
*: Subject to changes, please verify with direct sources, such as web site and etc., if needed.
|Opening days / hours||9:00 AM - 9:00 PM (Estimate)
*: Korankei Park always open.
|Phone number||0565-62-1272 (Asuke Tourism Association)|
|Parking lot||Available, paid (cap. 2,000 cars, 1,000 yen/vehicle)|
|Place||Asuke Town, Korankei Hiroba Square|
|Holding time||Early November to late november
(November 1st (Thursday) to 30th (Friday), 2018)
|Light-up illumination||From sunset (daily during the festival)|
|Access by Public Transportation||1-From Nagoya Station, board the Higashiyama Line subway and alight at Fushimi Station.
2-Change trains to the Tsurumai Line bound to Akaike and Toyotashi (may require changing trains again in Akaike - if changing trains in Akaike is not desirable, board the train bound for Toyotashi Station from Fushimi Station).
3-Alight at Toyotashi Station and, from the East Gate Bus Platforms, board the Meitetsu Bus bound for Asuke (足助［鞍ヶ池公園前・香嵐渓経由］Asuke Kuragaike-koen-mae, Korankei Keiyu - Asuke via Kuragaike Park and Korankei).
4-Ride for 45min (fee 800 yen) and get off at Korankei (香嵐渓).
|Access by car||Approx. 15min (9.4km) eastwards from Chikaraishi I.C. of the Sanage Green Road via Route 153, or;
Approx. 20min (13km) eastwards from Toyota-Kanpachi I.C. of the Tokai Loop Expressway via Route 153.
Asuke Tourist Association Web Site (Japanese)
Event information at Asuke Tourist Association Web Site (Japanese)
Should accuracy be critical, please verify this information using a direct source, whenever possible.
Map & Area Information
- Korankei is famous as a location for fall foliage. The best time to see the foliage is fr…
- Sanshu Asuke Yashiki Mus…
- This folk culture museum opened in 1980. The former villa of a wealthy farming family has…
- Asuke Townscape (Importa…
- The basic pattern of the Asuke Townscape (Important Preservation District of Historic Bui…
- Shirasagi Onsen Resort
- The sulphur spring water is good for beautiful skin. The large scenic bath has views of T…
- Lake Mikawa (Mikawa-ko)
- Many people come to see the lake’s seasonal beauty. You can drive around the lake’s 16-km…
- Mt. Sanage
- Elevation: 629m. Mt. Sanage has been worshiped as a sacred mountain since ancient times. …
- Mikawa Plateau (Mikawa Kogen)
- Mikawa Kogen is a gently-sloping plateau with an altitude of 600 meters near the center o…
- Otaki Gorge
- Enjoy the beauty of nature in this 1.8 kilometer long gorge carved by a river that drops …
Sightseeing Spot Search
Spot Popularity Ranking
- Toyota Sangyo Festa 2018 Industry Fair
- A great fair featuring Industrial Booths Street with exhibitions …
- Korankei Maple Festival (Korankei Momiji Matsuri)
- Korankei is known nationwide as a place to go and see autumn leav…
- Korankei is famous as a location for fall foliage. The best time …
※ Ranking is weekly total, view number is cumulative.
Season's Recommendations Special Feature
- Enjoy the flavors of the many agricultural products and river fis…
- The onsen experience is like a concentrated form of Japanese cult…
- Rugby World Cup 2019
- Rugby World Cup, the tournament that decides the world champion, …